Trick or treat? With Halloween right around the corner, there are so many temptations just waiting to wreak havoc on our healthy eating habits. We get it! That’s why we’ve rounded up some of our favorite sweet treats that will totally curb that candy craving.
#1 Date-Caramel Apple Pops
- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted and about 20)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 T. cacao nibs
- 1/4 t. salt
- 4 medium sized granny smith apples (cut into 1 inch wedges)
Directions: Place dates in a food processor and blend on high. Then add the water a little at a time until the mixture is a creamy consistency (about 4 minutes). Add salt and blend until combined. Transfer to a bowl. Stick skewers into the bottom of each apple slice. Dip tops in the date caramel and sprinkle with the cacao nibs. Serves 9, 18 skewers. Enjoy!
#2 Pumpkin Chocolate Energy Balls
- 3/4 cup smooth nut butter (almond butter is our favorite)
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3/4 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats (we use gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Directions: Mix all of the ingredients together, adding the chocolate chips last. Use clean hands or a mixer to combine well. Shape into walnut sized balls. Chill in the refrigerator for up to a week. Recipe makes 24 balls. Yum!
#3 Almond Joy Protein Shake
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (preferably unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 frozen bananas, in chunks
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
Directions: Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Drink up!
Prefer to buy yourself a little happy instead of making it? We’ve got something for you too! Try the Halloween Chocolate Minis from Enjoy Life. These gluten, dairy, and nut-free little bites of heaven are comprised of the purest ingredients and safe for the whole family to enjoy.
We also love Smart Sweets for all things gummy. Each of their products are gluten, dairy, and nut-free, plus they have no artificial colors or sweeteners. Try the gummy bears, you wont’t be disappointed!