I start most of my mornings with my daily meditation, a cup of warm lemon water, and a quick stretch while looking at my vision board. Then I head into the kitchen to make my daily green smoothie. I love getting creative with my smoothies by switching up ingredients here and there depending upon what looks fresh at the Union Square farmers market or in the produce section at my local Whole Foods.
Lately, my smoothie has consisted of a lot greens, vegan protein powder, fresh berries, and frozen bananas. I love adding my favorite green superfood to my daily smoothie as well – Green Vibrance. Green vibrance supports a healthy digestive tract and menstruation cycle, improves circulation, and supports your immune system.
Some people are a bit intimated by the idea of making a green smoothie. You really can’t go wrong if you: use a high-quality blender like the Vitamix, cover the ingredients with liquid before blending, and make sure to blend until it’s completely liquefied.
Pros to Drinking Green Smoothies:
- Good source of energy and easy to digest.
- Packed with nutrients and fiber if you choose the right ingredients. Fruit should be only a ¼ of the recipe.
- They are very filling, but low in calories.
- Simple way to get in your greens quickly on the go.
- Easy to take on the road.
- Great way to get kids to get in their vegetables. My nieces LOVE my green smoothies.
- Boosts hydration.
Tips for a Kicka** Smoothies:
Tip #1: Start with your leafy greens. Spinach is favorite currently. I also love adding parsley and cilantro.
Tip #2: Add in your other greens such as celery and cucumber.
Tip #3: Add in your fruit. I love mixing fresh and frozen fruit. The frozen fruit adds a cool, iciness to your smoothie.
Tip #4: Add your choice of boost. I add in green vibrance, ginger, and vanilla Vega One protein powder.
Tip #5: Last, but not least, add in liquid. I typically add a half of a cup on vanilla unsweetened almond milk. Then fill your vitamin with water covering all the ingredients. This is key to getting the right texture.
The Ingredients of My Favorite Green Smoothie:
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach (You can add Swiss Chard or Kale as well)
- 1 Small Handful of Parsley
- 1 Small Handful of Cilantro
- 1/4 of a Cucumber
- 4 Stalks of Celery (Cut into pieces)
- 1/2 of a Frozen Banana
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 a Peeled Lemon
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Scoop of Green Vibrance
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Vega Protein Powder
- 1 Piece of Peeled Ginger (Size of a Quarter)
Wash all greens and fresh blueberries. Add spinach, parsley, cilantro, cucumber, celery, banana, blueberries, lemon, almond milk, green vibrance, protein powder, and ginger. This is especially great when you are on your period. Then cover the ingredients with water. Blend for a few minutes until it is fully liquified. Pour into a mason jar and drink up!