Have you ever thought about using essential oils for your vagina ? Essential oils are a fascinating subject, and besides having a seemingly endless number of benefits for our health and being quite possibly the greatest health hack of all time, it’s also a vagina lifesaver. For a body part that can be the source of mind-blowing pleasure, it can also cause a lot of pain and discomfort- yeast infections, dryness, itchiness, odor, etc. If you’re suffering from any of these ailments, try out some of the below DIY Essential Oil remedies for optimal vaginal health. As the saying goes, happy vagina happy life.
For Vaginal Dryness
Vaginal dryness usually happens during your menopausal and postmenopausal years, but it can also be a symptom of certain medications or urethral dryness. Besides causing a number of vaginal issues it can also lead to painful intercourse and decreased arousal. The oils below work to soothe and lubricate vaginal tissue.
- Roman Chamomile: Antimicrobial, Anti-inflammatory
- Neroli: Soothing, Helps Healthy Tissue Regeneration, Reduces Stress/Anxiety
- Helichrysum: Anti-inflammatory and Heals Tissue
- Cape Chamomile: Helps Cellular Regeneration, Anti-inflammatory, Vulnerary, Minimizes Itching
- Sandalwood: Moistens and Soothing
- Frankincense: Calms Mucus Membranes
- Lavender: Soothing and Heals Tissue, Anti-inflammatory
- Rose:Helps Healthy Tissue Regeneration
DIY Lubricating Salve
- 10 Drops of Neroli
- 1/4 cup Calendula Herbal Oil
- 1/8 cup St Johns Wort Herbal Oil
- 1/8 cup Comfrey Leaf and/or Root Herbal Oil
- 1/2 ounce Beeswax
- 5 drops Roman Chamomile
- 10 drops Frankincense
- 7 drops Lavender
- Put 1/4 c. of water in a double boiler and melt beeswax.
- Right before the beeswax melts, add in olive oil and the herbal oils.
- Once the mixture is melted and combined, stir and remove top pot.
- Wipe down and make sure it’s completely dry.
- Add in essential oils and stir.
- Pour into 2 – 2ounce jars that have been sterilized.
- Lasts 24 months, but are best within 6 months.
Source : The School of Aromatic Studies
For Vaginal Itching
Essential Oil Infused Tampon
- 1 t. of Aloe Vera
- 1 Drop of Palma Rosa Essential Oil
- 1 Drop of Thyme Essential Oil
- Kali Organic Tampon
- Mix all essential oils and aloe vera.
- Apply it to the Kali organic tampon.
- Insert the Kali tampon and you can leave in for a max of 10 minutes. Repeat once a day for a maximum of 3 days in a row.
- Remove and discard the tampon.
Thyme helps relieve vaginal itching by encouraging natural hormone production and circulation. A few other oils you can opt for instead are Rosemary or Tea Tree Oil. Note. The oils must be diluted and should never be applied directly to your skin.
Source: Grow Your Green Family
For Vaginal Odor
With its strong antifungal and antiseptic properties, tea tree oil can help eliminate vaginal odor and kill off the bacteria that could be causing it. Add three drops of tea tree oil to a cup of water and rinse the affected area daily or several times a week,
For Vaginal Yeast Infection
Caused by one of several species of Candida or a group of organisms that cause bacterial vaginosis, vaginal yeast infections come with discomfort, irritation, itchiness, burning and sometimes odor.
Essential Oil Suppository (safe for pregnant women)
- 1 c. Cocoa Butter
- 1/2 c. of Coconut Oil
- 2 T. Goldenseal Root Powder
- 1/2 t. Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 T. Calendula Oil
- 1/2 t. Thyme Essential Oil
- 1/2 t. Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 4 T. Comfrey Root Powder Finely Ground
To Prepare the Suppositories:
- Melt coconut oil and cocoa butter in a pan. Once melted, remove the pan from the burner.
- Add all powdered herbs and mix.
- Add the herbal oils and blend.
- Stir and pour into the suppository mold. Refrigerate until firm. Insert into your vagina once per night for 7 days; repeat.
- Wear a sanitary pad while you sleep with the suppository. It will melt and stain!
- You will see results within several days. However, you may treat up to a week and repeat if needed.
Source: Aviva Romm MD
Written By: Andrea Lee, @organicbeautylover