With all the new documentaries out there such as ‘Fed Up’ and ‘What the Health Documentary’ to name a few, it can be very confusing for us to decipher what is healthy for us and what isn’t. Picking what to buy at the grocery store can be a very overwhelming task. I mean WTF! One minute, butter is the devil. The next minute, eggs are as bad for you as a pack of cigarettes. What’s next? I think it’s important to educate ourselves on what’s out there, but I also think we need to enjoy life and follow the motto ‘everything in moderation’.
Bread is one of those things that gets a bad rap. Recently, I came across this new bread that everyone is talking about. It’s the new thing since sliced Ezekiel bread. Mestemacher Natural Fitness Bread has a cult-like following and, after trying it, I understand why. I definitely recommend trying it out. It can be used as a bread substitute for sandwiches or for avocado toast. I made a delicious almond butter, banana sandwich with it. To. Die. For.
Facts about Mestemacher Natural Fitness Bread:
- The company is located in Germany.
- The company has been around since 1871.
- It’s organic.
- All their bread is Kosher. They actually have a Rabbi baking
- It is made with only eight ingredients. I know. It’s hard to believe, but it’s true.
- The main ingredients are whole rye, water, oat kernels, and wheat germ. The only other ingredients found in the bread are wholemeal rye flour, iodized salt, oat fiber, and yeast.
- The bread has ZERO preservatives.
- Due to a special pasteurization process, it has a 6-month shelf life.
- It has double the fiber of whole-grain bread.
- It tastes dense and nutty (but it’s nut-free) from all the whole grains it’s made with.
- You can buy it at Amazon, Instacart, or Vitacost.
Written By: Jonna Piira, CEO of Kali
Member of the Kali Girl Tribe.